- Research & Insights
- Social listening
- DOL identification
Our client was a major sponsor of an international Neurology congress, a major element of their medical communications strategy. Due to Covid-19 the Neurology congress switched its f2f program to a virtual congress, offering an opportunity to capture what would normally be a multitude of in-person HCP conversations now happening through in-congress digital platforms and social media.
They wanted to ensure a true understand of HCP opinions, discussion and attitudes around the event, as well as emerging clinical trial & data releases. Our client was interested in conducting this exercise across five key therapy areas, in which they were either developing a new drug or competing with their drug against many other pharma players.
We developed a data rich, multi-tool approach to measure social media engagement for the congress, enabling our client to understand the most influential and high impact conversations and unmet needs for Neurologists.
Key performance Real-World metrics:
- Social channel popularity: dominated by Twitter, with an overview of the total mentions, average mentions per day and unique twitter authors.
- Social media engagement: Top keywords, top entities, top hashtags, top social authors by following and top countries by social activity to gain insights in the conversational topics and sentiment.
High impact Real-World insights:
- Top tweets: based on the number of retweets and analysis of the content to identify unmet needs.
- Identification of the pharma companies with the most influential social content and analysis of their social content
Digital Opinion Leader insights:
- Reach, level of engagement and influence on clinical opinion of key digital opinion leaders by country and each of the 7 therapy areas.
Our client has now engaged with 15 of the identified DOLs, across international and national markets, involving each in a series of virtual medical education programmes, advisory boards and social media based clinical programmes.
new DOL partnerships
HPC's reached with content
content views across 17 markets
Our clients educational content reached +40,000 HCPs through DOL partnerships, with in excess of +200,000 content views – a level of educational reach not attained through more traditional live events. In addition 24 virtual advisory and education events where hosted.